The wire mesh used as external cladding of facades, “dress up” trade, business or residential buildings like a second skin, while providing a functional and decorative element and by giving an architectonic structure of great originality and character.
Closed, opened or windows areas can be easily and low expense coated by metallic fabrics Architecture; any constructive geometry can accommodate panels of metal mesh, which in fact lend themselves to multiple modes of application:
- Flat panels with rectangular or shaped profiles, that develop planar geometries, tensioned vertically or horizontally by cables;
- Curved panels that follow the sinuous curved facades with concave and convex geometry;
- Three-dimensional panels with helical or faceted geometry, allowing maximum freedom of action, allowing to create multiform and articulated covers for facades.
The interplay of light and shadow, sun and rain, day and night animates the surface of metal mesh panels; what in the distance looks like a metal casing opaque and reflective, under a different light or viewing angle may look completely transparent, revealing the alternating volumes of the underlying building.
The main features of innovative wire mesh Architecture, used as coatings for exterior facades, are:
- Function of partial screen to sunlight and relative decrease of the thermic load inside the building;
- Protection of the facade below from rain and wind;
- Possibility to be installed on new or existing buildings;
- Maintenance-free, thanks to self-cleaning due to the natural cycles of rain and wind;
- Unlimited service life and complete recyclability.